Divine Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Retro Server & and two other servers being released.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zantomato
Partisan
Partisan
Zantomato

Male Posts : 90

Retro Server & and two other servers being released. Empty
PostSubject: Retro Server & and two other servers being released.   Retro Server & and two other servers being released. Icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug 2014, 23:48

Personally, I have no intentions of playing either of the new servers, (Quillen or w/e and the other one)

But I do have thoughts of joining the Retro server, I was just curious if anyone was of a similar mind because I don't know anyone that has intentions of playing there and I'll totes be lonely.

I don't really expect DJ or anyone from Fidera to really want to go there, I mean there's a reason why we're on a "optional pvp" server, But.... I really only started playing Fidera again because of a few friends asked me to.. (not quite sure why they wanted me to play again.. we don't really talk much or play together) >_>
I stopped playing Aurera because It was just too overpopulated and it was close to impossible to get a hunting spot to yourself, and the current pvp system is poo.

I feel like tibia has been dumbed-down (like alot of mmo's lately..) And it's just not the same as it used to be, which is what got me hooked, the constant fear of being killed while hunting, the fear of disrespecting someone incase of retaliation, the heart-race adrenaline that you used to get when you went pking because you knew what there was actually something to risk. But now it's like, it doesn't matter if you die in pvp because of twist of fate/unfair fights etc.... There's just no point to it anymore, if you die in pvp.. you lose literally like 15k and 5minutes of work hunting... there's no thrill in that, and because there's no constant risk/threats, no one cares about disrespecting others, power abusing doesn't exist anymore (not saying that's a bad thing) Because no one cares about being "hunted" anymore. It's like a completely different game now. Not in a bad way, Just different... but personally I preferred it the way it used to be, it was alot more stimulating. That's why I'll be moving to the retro server when it comes out!

I'll still come on Fidera frequently to talk, I've made a few friends here.

But if you have thoughts of playing the Retro server, Post here so we can help each other out when the time comes!
Back to top Go down
Nagorik
Noble Guardian
Noble Guardian
Nagorik

Male Posts : 753

PostSubject: Re: Retro Server & and two other servers being released.   Retro Server & and two other servers being released. Icon_minitimeThu 21 Aug 2014, 00:07

your text is too big

but retro server is not retro, is just normal server with older pvp system

what about the other two servers? is it optional pvp?
Back to top Go down
Naudi Star
Noble Guardian
Noble Guardian
Naudi Star

Female Posts : 1146

PostSubject: Re: Retro Server & and two other servers being released.   Retro Server & and two other servers being released. Icon_minitimeThu 21 Aug 2014, 01:19

Zantomato wrote:
Personally, I have no intentions of playing either of the new servers, (Quillen or w/e and the other one)

But I do have thoughts of joining the Retro server, I was just curious if anyone was of a similar mind because I don't know anyone that has intentions of playing there and I'll totes be lonely.

I don't really expect DJ or anyone from Fidera to really want to go there, I mean there's a reason why we're on a "optional pvp" server, But.... I really only started playing Fidera again because of a few friends asked me to.. (not quite sure why they wanted me to play again.. we don't really talk much or play together) >_>
I stopped playing Aurera because It was just too overpopulated and it was close to impossible to get a hunting spot to yourself, and the current pvp system is poo.

I feel like tibia has been dumbed-down (like alot of mmo's lately..) And it's just not the same as it used to be, which is what got me hooked, the constant fear of being killed while hunting, the fear of disrespecting someone incase of retaliation, the heart-race adrenaline that you used to get when you went pking because you knew what there was actually something to risk. But now it's like, it doesn't matter if you die in pvp because of twist of fate/unfair fights etc.... There's just no point to it anymore, if you die in pvp.. you lose literally like 15k and 5minutes of work hunting... there's no thrill in that, and because there's no constant risk/threats, no one cares about disrespecting others, power abusing doesn't exist anymore (not saying that's a bad thing) Because no one cares about being "hunted" anymore. It's like a completely different game now. Not in a bad way, Just different... but personally I preferred it the way it used to be, it was alot more stimulating. That's why I'll be moving to the retro server when it comes out!

I'll still come on Fidera frequently to talk, I've made a few friends here.

But if you have thoughts of playing the Retro server, Post here so we can help each other out when the time comes!

I'd totally play there. I have played pvp and pvp enforced only since 2003 until I had kids. I had to start non pvp in order to play easier when I first had my daughter, so that is the only reason I played non pvp in the first place after 5 years of playing strictly pvp servers. I still played pvp but only to mess around and pk here and there because I disliked how much it changed. Just let me know what your char is there when it comes and I can make a char too, but I cannot play really until after December since I'll stop playing here in Sept. for school. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zantomato
Partisan
Partisan
Zantomato

PostSubject: Re: Retro Server & and two other servers being released.   Retro Server & and two other servers being released. Icon_minitimeThu 21 Aug 2014, 04:28

Yes I know it's just the PVP that's different on the Retro server Nag, and yes I believe the other 2 servers are going to be open pvp.

Awesome Naudi :3 Looking forward to it :3
Back to top Go down
Naudi Star
Noble Guardian
Noble Guardian
Naudi Star

PostSubject: Re: Retro Server & and two other servers being released.   Retro Server & and two other servers being released. Icon_minitimeThu 21 Aug 2014, 05:42

Let me ask just one question. What is the different between Inferna/Dolera and this new server? They made those to be just without the skull system, and exp with kills, but they took the exp thing away so it's just a pvp server without skulls and such. What will be different with this one?
Back to top Go down
Zantomato
Partisan
Partisan
Zantomato

PostSubject: Re: Retro Server & and two other servers being released.   Retro Server & and two other servers being released. Icon_minitimeThu 21 Aug 2014, 08:30

I remember playing Dolera back in the day, I got to level 8 and died 7 times attempting to walk from thais temple to thais dp, the experience turned me off pvp-e. I find that the pvp-e servers are far too pvp oriented, and I personally like the RPG side of tibia just as much as the PVP side. There kinda needs to be limitations otherwise the server becomes a little TOO pvp oriented, but the main difference is, pvp-e servers get twist of fate still, it's a bit of a game changer imo >_> It lets people kill/die somewhat care-free, it's just not the same >_>

and another factor is, starting on par with everyone, the chance to become one of the higher level players on the server from the start is what i'm also interested in, I can PG pretty hard if i'm motivated =p
Back to top Go down
Naudi Star
Noble Guardian
Noble Guardian
Naudi Star

PostSubject: Re: Retro Server & and two other servers being released.   Retro Server & and two other servers being released. Icon_minitimeThu 21 Aug 2014, 08:50

Ohh I love that blessing on my pk char lmao I would go around with my bestie ruining peoples nights and if a ruler killed us we wouldn't lose much LOL yes we were always evil >.< drunk and playing tibia together on skype lol
Back to top Go down
Naudi Star
Noble Guardian
Noble Guardian
Naudi Star

PostSubject: Re: Retro Server & and two other servers being released.   Retro Server & and two other servers being released. Icon_minitimeThu 21 Aug 2014, 08:50

but yeah for a real pvp server it'll stop people from being so careless with dying and random pking etc... haha
Back to top Go down
Zantomato
Partisan
Partisan
Zantomato

PostSubject: Re: Retro Server & and two other servers being released.   Retro Server & and two other servers being released. Icon_minitimeThu 21 Aug 2014, 18:54

Yeah haha, it'll make things more interesting!
Back to top Go down
Yogganath
Partisan
Partisan

PostSubject: Re: Retro Server & and two other servers being released.   Retro Server & and two other servers being released. Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug 2014, 15:21

Id hop on an actual old school pvp server. Aiming runes is what made my sorc fun 7.1ish. I remember 3v1ing a 60 ek 52 pally and 52 ed in venore at level 48... once they made the aimbot legal the whole pvp in tibia died for me... now higher levels with gazillions of botted gold "rule" the pvp servers... this will be no different imho.

I wish you the best of luck tho. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retro Server & and two other servers being released.   Retro Server & and two other servers being released. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retro Server & and two other servers being released.
Page 1 of 1